Re: SuitSat Tracking

>>> "A.J. Farmer (AJ3U)" <farmer.aj@gmail.com> 09/21/05 4:25 PM
>...will SuitSat's orbit be pretty much in sync with
>ISS and just lose altitude until re-entry, or should
>it be expected to "lag" considerably behind ISS as
>its orbit decays?

For what it is worth, it has always fascinated me that
something that "lags" in space, actually "leads".  "The
more the drag, the faster it goes."

Is completely counter-intuitive, but it is because things
are traveling in a circle instead of a straight line.  If
you have more drag, it makes you go "slower", but this
actually makes you fall closer to earth, but the lower
you go like a spinning skater bringing in her arms, the
faster she goes.  So Suitsat will begin to lead ISS
as it decays...

de Wb4APR, Bob