RE: DSP-2232 & TS-2000

Dan,

I did something like that with my FT-847 and the DSP-2232.  I do little
terminal work with the DSP-2232 these days, but it really isn't that
difficult, especially if you can write some simple macros.  My general
purpose communications program, Crosstalk, is no longer available.  If you
want dedicated programs, take at look at these:

http://www.cssincorp.com/  and look for PK-Term, not Pac-Term

http://www.glaswerks.com/xpware/xpware_program_features.htm

I have used the first, though not extensively, but is it well written and
supported.  The last time I checked, they had a beta out.

In general, most of the programs today use KISS mode, which obviates the
need for a conventional terminal program, except perhaps for simple
configuration.

Good luck,

Alan
WA4SCA