DSP-2232 & TS-2000

HI
Is anybody using the DSP-2232 and TS-2000 combination?  Any advice would
be helpful.  I do not have them hooked together yet but was wondering if
I can split the plug on the 2000 to two PPT lines and the 9600 to one
port and 1200, PSK, SSTV etc on the other port of the 2232. What
software would be good to use?  Seems awfully complicated to use a
terminal program with this TNC.
Also anybody using the built in TNC for the 9600 sats?  I can receive
OK, but the radio will not transmit while it is recieving data.  Would I
have the same problem using an external TNC.
Thanks in Advance
Dan N8DZM
#33913