Re: [Xastir] using XASTIR as a sat tracking program (code included)

Yeah.  I wrote a very similar perl script about 2 years ago, but never
released it to the group because I felt it was too "rough", and it had a
bad tendency to abort when the tcp connection failed.

I had a better idea later where I would create a new Xastir interface
directly for Predict that would generate the UDP requests internal to
Xastir, then we would have a list of 24 checkboxes so that we could
graphicly pick which of the 24 predict satellites we wanted to display
and what interval of updates.

I planned for my script to work off the "filter"command.  Where you
would type the sattellite letter (A-Z) or multiple letters, and an
interval number into the filter box in the Internet server dialog.  The
predict2xastir script would parse the input looking for the filter
command and that was the method that it would use to get the sat data
from predict.  This was back before the x-spider ports were implemented.

Dick Reichenbach.  - KC8OBZ