Re: How to connect PCSAT2?

Sion Chow Q. C. (9W2QC) schreef:

>Hello Vincenzo,
>
>First of all, please note that to operate PCSAT2, you need to TX on 145.825
>+/- and RX on 435.275 +/-.  Meaning you:
>
>Transmit to 145.825 +/- and
>Receive on 435.275 +/-
>
>I am not sure on your TS-790E, but on the FT-847, I enter satellite mode,
>and let WISP and WISP DDE Client do the Doppler tracking and antenna
>tracking.  Since full duplex is generally not required for the BBS operation
>(anyone, please correct me if I am wrong) I believe you can run it in split
>mode (just like ISS BBS) but it would be better to run it in full duplex
>mode so that you can monitor other telemetry packets, etc. at the same time
>too.
>
>For software, I use AGWPE and a soundcard to connect to the BBS at 1200
>baud. (Since I do not have a 1200 baud TNC yet) According to Bob, you can
>connect using 9600 baud too, but I have not setup my equipment for this.  In
>addition to AGWPE, you will need the UISS software.  Simple establish a
>connection to the callsign "Mail" and you are connected.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>73,
>Sion Chow Q. C.,
>9W2QC.

The TS-790E (and A) can¥t do split across bands, just put turn s.sp on,
select 145.825 on main, 435.275 on sub, hook the transmit line to either
mic or audio in on the 13 pin plug finaly hook the recieve line to the
sub speaker or sub audio out of the 13 pin plug.
When using a soundcard make sure to attenuate the signal as the input of
the ts-790 is mic level and the output is linelevel or even worse
speaker level.

73 de Andre PE1RDW