Re: PCSAT & PCSAT2

Jerry,

I have been using Arrow's 146/437-10WBP model w/
built-in duplexer with my D7A(G) and have had
tremendous success on the birds. The compact design of
Arrow's duplexer allows it to be discrete and not add
significant weight to the antenna. Although the
duplexer is not needed for PCSAT/PCSAT2 ops (at least
for now), it is absolutely necessary to work the FM
voice sats. Enabling Full Duplex on the D7 will also
help you monitor your signal during TX and make small
pointing corrections with your antenna.

73,

Matt Bennett
KF6RTB

--- Jerry Weihrauch <k0hzi@comcast.net> wrote:

> The last couple of days passes over my QTH, South St
> Paul, MN   Have not
> copied PCSAT NO-44.  Are the solar flares effecting
> reception?  Using a
> Kenwood TH-7A(G) sitting on the roof of my car.
> Have had a few connects
> with PCSAT NO-44 last week and once over the
> weekend.  PCSAT2 even with
> tune feature enabled and starting at +10 KHz and
> move down in 5 KHz
> increments down to -10 KHz,. all I received was
> "PCSAT2, the quote
> symbol was part of the display a few times.  Tried
> transmitting but
> guess I didn't get in.
>
> Any advice about using the dual band hand held Arrow
> antenna with the
> TH-7, does one need the duplexer on at the antenna
> feed point on the mast?
>
> TIA,
>
> Jerry  -  K0HZI
> those of the author.