PCSAT & PCSAT2

The last couple of days passes over my QTH, South St Paul, MN   Have not
copied PCSAT NO-44.  Are the solar flares effecting reception?  Using a
Kenwood TH-7A(G) sitting on the roof of my car.  Have had a few connects
with PCSAT NO-44 last week and once over the weekend.  PCSAT2 even with
tune feature enabled and starting at +10 KHz and move down in 5 KHz
increments down to -10 KHz,. all I received was "PCSAT2, the quote
symbol was part of the display a few times.  Tried transmitting but
guess I didn't get in.

Any advice about using the dual band hand held Arrow antenna with the
TH-7, does one need the duplexer on at the antenna feed point on the mast?

TIA,

Jerry  -  K0HZI