Re: FW: [mars-net] Timeline for the MRO UHF In Flight Checkout

Matt Bennett wrote:
> Eric,
> Thanks for the post. I was wondering, where can one go
> to find up-to-date position information so they can
> point their antennas at MRO? Will the orbiter be too
> far away for a high gain CP Yagi to hear by September
> 21?

MRO will be about 2 db stronger than Mars Global Surveyor was back in
'96, and so should be just detectable with a low noise figure preamp and
a high gain CP antenna and FFT "waterfall" software.

Tracking, timeline and other info is available at

All are invited to subscribe to the mars-net mailing list by sending the
message "subscribe" in the body of the message to

-Joe KM1P