Re: Advice on antenna building project

Hi Justin,

About 8 months ago, I built a QHA to receive weather satellite images.
I used the "Tall Narrow QHA" design (just google for this phrase).
It was suprisingly easly to build and has worked out quite will for me.
It took about one weekend to build (light weekend work).
This assumes you're comfortable with soldering copper tubing.
(If you go to http://foldedtoadfroth.blogspot.com , towards the bottom you
can find a picture of this QHA.)

I just started a new job, but as soon as things settle down I want to build
a 70cm QHA.
I have heard that they are a little more demanding, but not too much.
Here is a link to an inspirational QHA site which has some 70cm designs
http://www.jcoppens.com/ant/qfh/index.en.php

I have also been contemplating what it would take to build a L-band QHA.
Some interesting bits can be found at
http://www.jcoppens.com/ant/qfh/fotos_gps.en.php

I say "go for it" and build either antenna or both antennas...its a cheap,
fun way to gain some experience!

73s
Robin   KE7ARL