Re: DSP-2232 Problem

The fact you are getting something to the DSP2232 means you do not
have a total break.

There are serveral things that could be going wrong

UART in your PC
UART in the DSP-2232
Cable in between
Low volts to either
Randon chars on the screen are a worry.

I would loop back your serial port on your PC and type
Confirm your PC is sending ok, then loop back your cable
and re-test loop back test.

If that works, you need to consider a problem with the DSP.

If you are keen open and look for crook solder joint.

Work the problem in stages.

> Folks
>
> I have a DSP-2232 here that keeps getting confused: I get a cmd:
prompt but
> then anything I key in isn't recognised, with assorted errors like "?
not
> enough" among others even with the most basic commands, like MYCALL
for
> example. Random characters sometimes appear on the LCD display.
Something's