Advice on antenna building project

Good day,

I've been toying with the idea of putting up a either a discone or quad
helix antenna here at my QTH.  I currently live in an apartment and
don't have the money nor the room to put up a full rotatable setup.  I
began to look into various antennas that I could homebrew and think the
discone or quad helix would be one of the best bets.

Has anyone on the list worked with either of these antennas?  What are
the advantages or disadvantages of each?

And finaly, does anyone have construction information?  I'm hoping to
homebrew something.

73,
KL1RL
Justin