Re: Symposium Alternatives

Hello,

I know people in Macomb who run a FM station (WTND-LP).  I also know
someone in Ackley who goes to Waterloo, or Davenport when going to "the
big city".  Scanton has a nice Railroad Museum I visit.  I like
Geography and I like to travel.

I think the AMSAT Symposium in Des Moines, IA was the first one I
attended.  I was running OS9 at the time but did not get a chance to
visit Microware (headquarters are in Des Moines).  I attended both
AMSAT-NA Symposiums and AMSAT-UK Colloquims.  They are different and
both have their good points.

Unfortunely I do not do much satellite stuff but still attend some of
the interesting (to me) talks.  I get to talk to various people I know
(like John N4QQ), see how everyones SETI@Home or other projects are
going, and go out to eating places that have interesting menus.  I
usually find interesting places to visit for a week before or after the
Symposium.

So it would not bother me if there is no field trip this Symposium.  If
the symposium is Cincinnati I may visit near Paradise in Muhlenberg
County, Kentucky or go out to the Lincoln Presidential Library in
Springfield, IL.  If Cleveland I may tour Sandusky, Windsor, and head
home through the farmlands of Southern Ontario and the Niagara.  October
is a good time to tour Niagara Falls, no crowds and the weather is still
good.  Maybe I will visit some War of 1812 battlefields like Queenston
Heights.

So I am not fussy, I would attend if it was an saturday afternoon
meeting at Denny's.

73 Eric