Re: SSETI Express - UHF xmtr power?

k.swaggart@charter.net writes:

Anyone know the output power for the SSETI Express UHF transmitter? I  found
3 Watts for the S-Band (split between the antennas) but nothing on  the UHF
transmitter.

Tnx,
Ken, W7KKE
----

Hello Ken.

The output power on UHF is also in the region of 3 Watts but to a monopole
antenna.

So, in terms of ERP for both systems.
We should see 3W ERP on 70cms. S band is a little more difficult to specify
as the feeder loss between the 3 way splitter and each of the antennas will be
 different.
A 'ball park figure'  for the main patch on the +Z (earth facing)  facet of
Express is around 7 Watts ERP. While that sounds a lot, it's important  to
remember that the patches have apx 7.8dBiC gain and that limits the  beamwidth.
However, it should be a good signal.

21 Days to launch

Regards

David    G0MRF