Re: A geek and ARRL SSB

--- Robert McGwier <rwmcgwier@comcast.net> wrote:

> But don't let that fool you.  It always pays to be
> using a fully equipped SO2R and have five towers and
> four squares and beverages on 80 and 160.  At least I
> helped put them up!  Thanks to N2NT for allowing me
> to operate his station.

Hi Bob.  I have 2 friends (WA8WV & W8HC formally KC8FS)
who have often operated from W4MYA near Richmond and had
a ball.  They've often tried to get me to tag along but
I believe a Contest Super Station might be a little rich
for my blood.  They keep telling me they sometimes have
empty positions that need a warm body so perhaps I'll
take them up on the offer someday.

There are times (when I use to operate DX Contests) that
I've stopped and listened to N2NT ops just because of the
proficiency and savvy they exhibited.  That was a great
opportunity you had to operate from a world renown Contest
Super Station and I know you're happy that you took
advantage of it.

Congratulations Bob on taking 7th in your particular
category...GREAT JOB!!!  Thanks for sharing your experience
with us (an experience that will no doubt be a fond memory
for many years to come).

 - - - When will your video be out?  :-)

73, Garie -K8KFJ-
AMSAT 32574