N5UXT

This was in the "ARLP037 Propagation de K7RA" bulletin email last night.
For those concerned about the status of N5UXT.

73 KE4AZN
Mike

I remembered this week that a ham I used to chat with on AMTOR in
the 1980s, W5KSI, Angelo Glorioso Jr., lived in New Orleans. I
emailed him and his son to inquire about their welfare, hoping they
evacuated early from the city before the storm. His son (Angelo III,
N5UXT) answered right back, said he was in Baton Rouge and his dad
was in Texas. He asked me to call his dad, who evacuated to Houston
on Sunday morning. I rang up Angelo, asked how he was doing, and he
said "Everything is gone," including the house he's lived in for 50
years and his mother's home. Angelo lived about 500 feet east of
Bayou Saint John, on Filmore Avenue, a mile south of Lake
Pontchartrain.

The last they saw their home was around 10:00 AM Sunday morning when
Angelo and his wife began the 360 mile drive to the Bunker Hill
Village area of Houston via Interstate 10. Even though all of I-10
was switched for the evacuation to westbound traffic only, the
traffic crawled the whole way. Angelo and his wife drove nearly
non-stop until 4:30 PM Monday, an average speed of less than 12
miles per hour. Angelo told me he wakes up in the morning expecting
the nightmare to be over, and then it sinks in, that it really did
happen. But he is grateful he made it out of New Orleans safely with
his family.