RE: Using ECHO and SO50 in Hurricane Recovery:

Hi AMSATs

>Are there any other sleeper satelites that can be
>activated for mobile FM commmunications in this
>area?

Please use the Indian HAMSAT.
Its primary task is to give hams some help in
emergency situations. This doesn't mean only for
India, but world-wide...

And from the reports in the past it has been shown
that even with an FM handy the satellite works. FM is
not the rule to use via a linear transponder, but this
is only during no emergency situation.

In this case use whatever needed. Its no problem for
the HAMSAT itself, let it do its task for what it has
been made for. This is where hams can show the value
of our hobby to the rest of the world....

73,
William Leijenaar
HL1/PE1RAH
---