Re: PCSAT2 APRS Success!

>My SatGate here in MD is up and running to receive
>on 437.275 at 1200baud.... but I only have an
>omni antenna on it right now so it is still missing a
>lot of packets.

Not to worry.  Everyone, remember, the global
APRS-IS system collects packets from everyone so
it is the SUM of everyones packets that is all that
counts.  At least one station somehwere will get
a  copy of each packet.  The APRS-IS throws away
all dupes and only serves back one copy of every
unique packet no matter how many stations sent it in.

Thus everyone gets a complete copy AND no one
really needs tracking antennas.  Your OMNI will
only get maybe 1/3rd of the center portion of a
pass, but no problem.  If we have enough OMNI
satgates, then someone else will get what you
missed.

Thus SIMPLE SATGATES are all we need!
Lots of them!

de WB4APR, Bob