RE: KCT/T - Tuner question.

Dave,

Many years ago, using exactly that setup, I had a lightning hit.  In my
case, both radios were fine except the CAT was erratic.  It turned out that
one of the driver transistors had been blown in each rig.  I have neither
the rigs nor a schematic, but according to some notes I found, I replaced
transistors Q3 and Q4 to repair the problem.  They were common transistors,
and replacing them was tedious but not difficult.  As I recall, my clue was
that when I put a scope on the CAT line, I could see that the voltage was
being clamped well below the normal TTL levels.  If it isn't the KCT/T, you
might take a look at the Icoms.

Alan
WA4SCA