From: Graham Shirville [mailto:g.shirville@btinternet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 3:06 PM
To: Bill Ress; amsat-bb@amsat.org
Cc: Neil.Melville@esa.int
Subject: Re: SSETI UHF "Carrier Pulse Beacon"

Yup well spotted - the obvious has been missed on the mission page - but it
is in the works to be added real soon - you are looking at the beta test
version!  The pulse beacon simply keys the PTT of the main UHF transceiver
without any AX25 data running
                    UHF
S-Band

Frequency     437.250 MHz (half-duplex)          2401.835 MHz

Antennas        Monopole whip                             3 x patch antennas
facing ±x and

Power             Approx 3W                                 Approx,   0.7W ±
x and 1.5W

Modulation      FSK and pulse beacon                 FSK

Protocol         Unnumbered AX25                        Unnumbered AX25

Baud rate         9600 bps                                     38400 bps

Polarisation        Linear
Right-hand circular

hope this helps

73