Re: FT-847

Simon,

Judging by user feedback, it does seem like the
TS-2000 will do exactly what we're looking for.

> When I get some reading sorted out the FT-847 may
> also be able to handle
> this - I'll let you know in the next two days.

Awesome. Let me know if you find any alternative
solutions to the one's we've talked about already. It
would be interesting to find out if the CAT interface
could control the 847 in split mode.

> What radio modes (FM, USB, ...) will you be using
> with UCISAT-1 ? My
> solution may only work with FM but I can give it a
> go.

UCISAT-1 will be an FM digital sat (1200 baud AFSK).
You can find additional info at our website,
www.ucisat.net . The site is a little out of date
since virtually all of our time and effort was put
into prototype assembly last quarter. We should have
an update first thing this Fall.

I didn't realize until now that I was talking to the
designer of Ham Radio Deluxe! Thanks for offering
support for the 847. I've heard that programming
control software for the rig is a major chore, so
sending a bit of gratitude your way!

Thanks again for your assistance,

Matt Bennett
KF6RTB