Re: FT-847

> Actually you do not need to use split frequency -
> just switch frequency when
> changing between TX and RX.

I realize I should have included an important detail
in my last post: UCISAT-1 is a digital sat only--no
voice. Switching the frequency is not really an option
since the TNC can key or unkey the transceiver at any
given moment.

> Anyway SPLIT will not really help either.

Agreed, unless there's software available to control
the VFOs and compensate for Doppler. This can be
accomplished by hand, of course, but the hands will be
needed on the keyboard for digital ops!

Another option is using two radios, but that just
seems like a hassle if one can write a few extra lines
of source code to make this work. I wonder if Yaesu
will take same-band SAT ops into consideration for
their next big SAT rig??

Matt Bennett
KF6RTB

> www.hb9drv.ch www.laax.ch
>
> RSGB HF Convention: Friday 7th - Sunday 9th October
> 2005
> Holidays: Monday 10th - Thursday 20th October 2005

Matt Bennett
KF6RTB
UCISAT Communications Team Member
University of California, Irvine