Re: FT-847

Actually you do not need to use split frequency - just switch frequency when
changing between TX and RX.

I can handle this at the moment with pretty well any radio - been using my
FT-817 in this setup to work AO-51 cross-band but the fact that it is cross
band is not important. I have a button on the software which you press to
switch to TX (or you press F1).

This logic is needed because (in general) you cannot change frequency with
Yaesu radios while transmitting (except when in SAT mode). So while
transmitting you cannot compensate for Doppler so you have to load the new
TX frequency before switching to TX.

There may be a more convoluted way of getting the FT-847 to do what's needed
by switching in / out of SAT mode.

Anyway SPLIT will not really help either.

Simon Brown
---
www.hb9drv.ch www.laax.ch

RSGB HF Convention: Friday 7th - Sunday 9th October 2005
Holidays: Monday 10th - Thursday 20th October 2005