SatPC32 & FodTrack

I'm trying to switch over from using Nova with the SASI interface to using SatPC32 with FodTrack. I have Fodtrack interface installed and followed the software directions to install the FOD DDE etc. FOr some reason the software isn't talking to the interface. The FOD DDE comes up ok but there are no values in it for AZ or EL. The only way I seem to be able to use the wonderful doppler tuing aspects of SatPC32 is to have both programs running at the same time - Nova to run the rotor using the SASI interface and SatPC32 to talk to the radio. Any ideas out there about what I've done wrong in setting things up?
Rick
W2JAZ