Re: IBM 600E computer-reply

G. Beat wrote:
> Art -
>
> I am unsure whether you are getting this prompt from the computer (ThinkPad
> BIOS) OR from the actual operating system that you are using (e.g. MS W2K) -
> which actually have 2 completely different solutions.
>
> Greg
> w9gb
>
> Have you used the IBM Internet web pages for ThinkPad support ?
> It does have a deep knowledgebase on their products - AND - permits submission
> of these types of questions directly to IBM Technical Support.
> http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/onlineassistant/submitAQuestion.vm
*****snip*****
Gary, this information very valuable!  If the URL above is used, the
unit must be in warranty, however, there are links to many other sites
that might prove valuable!

> IBM Electronics Services Call (ESC+) Tool
> https://www-304.ibm.com/jct03004c/support/electronic/portal/!ut/p/_s.7_0_A/7_
> 0_CI/.cmd/ad/.ar/sa.navpage/.c/6_1_6B/.ce/7_1_FM/.p/5_1_6A/.d/0?locale=en_US

Second comment, this URL is very long and wrap around will not work. The
problem might be solved by typing in that address manually.  As Art, I
bought a 600E from E-Bay but was lucky enough to be able to contact the
previous owner who gave me the password!  73  Cliff K7RR