IBM 600E computer

Greetings:
I have an IBM600E that I use for DSP-10, Sat tracking, and etc. The unit
lock-up and rebooted to 'power on password' since I purchased second hand on
ebay awhile back I don't have any infom on the 7 random characters. The local
service center couldn't unlock the unit. The other alternative would be to
send it to IBM for service. However, the cost could be used to invest in
another compuer. Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated.
tnx's art