Re: SSB Electronics Preamps

Jim,

I've not heard of a FT-2000.  Perhaps you mean the new HF/6m
FT-9000/FT-9000MP/9000D.

I do not remember when Yaesu ceased production on the FT-736R, but that was
a time when there was no linear mode-B HEO in orbit other than the ailing
AO-10 (we were waiting on AO-40).  It seems incredulous to think Yaesu
would abandon the high-end satellite xcvr market at this time with no
replacement.  I guess if they absolutely cannot find components or
reasonable re-engineering to incorporate substitutes they might be forced
off the market.  P3E is on the horizon for launch next year...not a good
time to be "missing in action"?

My bet is they have it under wraps and will unveil it for the xmas season
(maybe).  That would be a good position to ride the wave for the upcoming
launch.  <but don't take tips from me in the stock market -- :->

I guess we will see soon enough.
73's Ed

73's,
Ed - KL7UW