From: "hasan schiers" <schiers@netins.net>
Subject: [amsat-bb] Simplified Computer Rotor Control?

I have  G-800SA Yaesu Azimuth and G-550 Yaesu Elevation rotors.

I have no interest in spending a fortune on a 5500 and its (non-supplied)
serial interface.

Could someone point me to articles on the Web or commercial sites that show
inexpensive interfaces that I might be able to use with the above rotors.
I'm
assuming that one could tap off the pot voltages at the rotor control heads
and feed them to an interface. This should not be all that difficult to do,
and I assume has been offered as a less expensive alternative to the
internal
interfaces.

If someone has keywords that will provide useful url's I'd be happy to
google
them. I just thought I'd check here first if someone has already done the
sifting.

73,

...hasan, N0AN
- ----