SSB Electronics Preamps

While still getting my station sorted out I am using a FT-817 for satellites.
I just bought and installed the SSB Electronics 70cms masthead preamp. Makes
an enormous difference - I have 8m of Aircell 7 between radio and antenna.
(The FT-817 is very badly misaligned.)

If there is anyone who hasn't tried a preamp like this and who thinks their
radio may be a bit deaf then all I can say is 'give it a go'. It's driven by
VOX, even a clown like myself can set it up :-)

Now all I need to do is wire up the 2m preamp, problem is I have run out of
N-type connectors and they cost a fortune in Switzerland :-(

Simon Brown
---
www.hb9drv.ch www.laax.ch

RSGB HF Convention: Friday 7th - Sunday 9th October 2005
Holidays: Monday 10th - Thursday 20th October 2005