RE: Simplified Computer Rotor Control?

>i was going to use a geared motor and count the
>number of times of rotation of the shaft
>...15 turns = 3 deg change for example

APRSdos drivers for the simple 24v AC TV
rotators simply uses TIME.  They rotate at
1 RPM so 1 sec equals 6 degrees.  THus you
dont need any feedback pots or anything.
Just put a opto-isolator between bit one
of your parallel port and the CCW switch
and bit 2 and the Clockwise button and APRStk
does the rest.    Including re-sync.  It runs
for years and is always aligned (within 10 deg).
Not good for high performance AZ/EL OSCAR
arrays and AO-40 , but perfect for ALL LEO's

See http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/rotator1.html

I sure wish all Satellite Software implemented this
simple 2 bit, no-pots interface to the cheap $65
rotators...

de Wb4APR, Bob