Re: Simplified Computer Rotor Control?

Hi Hasan,

You try something like the BASIC STAMP2 based tracker we built and call SAEBRTrack.

http://webpages.charter.net/mlhammond/ham/SAEBRTrack/

I used old TV rotators with it for several years before modifying the code/hardware to run the G-5500.  Basically, it reads the voltage off the position pot and moves the array accordingly...schematics and code is supplied on the above websit.

If you don't use a backlit LCD display, the cost isn't too bad.

73,

Mark N8MH

> From: "hasan schiers" <schiers@netins.net>
> Date: 2005/08/25 Thu AM 08:02:35 EDT
> To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
> Subject: [amsat-bb] Simplified Computer Rotor Control?
>
> I have  G-800SA Yaesu Azimuth and G-550 Yaesu Elevation rotors.
>
> I have no interest in spending a fortune on a 5500 and its (non-supplied)
> serial interface.
>
> Could someone point me to articles on the Web or commercial sites that show
> inexpensive interfaces that I might be able to use with the above rotors. I'm
> assuming that one could tap off the pot voltages at the rotor control heads
> and feed them to an interface. This should not be all that difficult to do,
> and I assume has been offered as a less expensive alternative to the internal
> interfaces.
>
> If someone has keywords that will provide useful url's I'd be happy to google
> them. I just thought I'd check here first if someone has already done the
> sifting.
>
> 73,
>
> ...hasan, N0AN

Mark L. Hammond    [N8MH]