Houston AMSAT Net #600

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 at 8:00 Central Time (Wednesday, August 24, 2005
0100Z) is the 600th Houston AMSAT Net over commercial geostationary satellite.
The Houston AMSAT Net actually is much older than 600 nets, the 600 is from
when Craig, WD5BDX, first started on February 2, 1994 to link the net to
Telstar. We are still going strong and this evening, we will celebrate with
several special guests.

Joining us this evening will be:

Rick Hambly, W2GPS, AMSAT President
Barry Baines, WD4ASW, AMSAT Vice President-Marketing and User Services
Frank Bauer, KA3HDO, AMSAT Vice President-Manned Spaceflight
Bob Bruninga, WB4APR, Author of APRS

We will interview these hams live on our net this evening. If you can't listen
in on AMC-7, Transponder 5, 7.5MHz Audio, you can join us on an internet feed

http://www.dishnuts.net/rfd2.m3u for High Speeds
http://www.dishnuts.net/amsat.m3u for 32K feed
http://www.dishnuts.net/rfd1.m3u for 16K feed

If you can't listen to us live, you can hear the net in its entirty at
http://www.amsatnet.com
click on Listen to Our Audio in the menu on the left

You can also listen to the recorded version on Echolink in the conference
*AMSAT* and enter listen 2 in the text window at the lower right corner of the
window.

73...bruce

Bruce Paige, KK5DO

AMSAT Director Contests and Awards