Re: Kenwood D700 and Doppler (PCSAT2)

APRStk will do it, but I lost the source code
and so have not updated it in years, but it does
work.  APRStk will also point a simple radio-shack
or any kind of simple rotator with a simple
2 bit interface to the parallel port.

But again, I havent had time to support the
software, document it well, or anything else,
so I dont push it.  But it will work..  if you have
the patience to figure out what I did... hi hi..

Will run on anything from a 386 upwards with
at least a 20 MHz processor.

If someone else is runnning it, maybe they can
do a simple write up on it..

de Wb4APR, BOb

>>> "Andrew Rich" <vk4tec@tech-software.net> 08/22/05 11:23 PM >>>
Howdy,

I have been receiving PACSAT2 data. I have noticed the
dramatic doppler shift of late. I have been moving the
VFO buy hand.

Does anyone have a setup where the D700 is controlled by
software to track for doppler ?

If you use the internal TNC, you would have to drop out of
TNC mode, set the next freq and turn the TNC back on again.

Bit messy, you may miss a packet while you are commandign the
radio to the next freq.

Ideas ?