Website Technical Review Team

I am pleased to announce that our Website Technical Review Team,
under the leadership of Gould Smith, WA4SXM has been formed.  Gould
serves as Director-Field Operations and is the author of a number of
AMSAT books.  He is well qualified to handle this important task with
the assistance of a very capable team that he has formed.  The team
that Gould has developed consists of AA2TX, KO4MA, KQ6EA, N8FGV, and
VA3DB.

The team has begun a systematic look at the content of the AMSAT
website for technical issues, and is assigning a priority to
identified items. The first areas the team is addressing are the
Glossary and the Mode J operation article.  When appropriate, they
will seek input from other individuals who may be knowledgeable in
particular areas.  Two members of the team will OK articles for
technical content with final approval from Gould before he forwards
them for inclusion on the website.

"Our team is excited about updating the technical content of our
website" says Gould Smith, WA4SXM.  "However, this will take some
time and will require thoughtful evaluation.  In looking at the
Glossary for example, we have found through our initial research that
even the experts sometimes disagree on proper definition of technical
terms.  We want the AMSAT website to be a trusted and reliable source."

Emily Clarke, W0EEC serves as Director-Website and will be working
closely with Gould to implement changes as they are developed.

Should website visitors wish to suggest areas of current website
technical content for the team's consideration or are interested in
submitting suggested technical changes or updates, they can do so by
contacting Gould Smith, WA4SXM  using his AMSAT e-mail alias.  Please
put 'Website Technical Review' in the subject line.  Gould and
several members of the team will be attending the AMSAT Symposium in
Lafayette, LA (7-9 OCT 05) and are interested in hearing comments
from attendees concerning their thoughts on the updating of technical
content of our website.

Barry Baines, WD4ASW
VP-Marketing & User Services
AMSAT-NA