Re: Looking for portable dxpedition style antenna plans

Hi Ian,

For Field Day 2004 and 2005, I used a pair of 1-wavelength vertical
loops for 2m and 70cm to work AO-07, FO-29 and VO-52 and they worked
great. I mounted them with wingnuts on an aluminum tube that is slipped
over the top of a speaker tripod. The whole thing collapses down and easily
fits in my very small MAZDA RX-8. You can put them up and take them
down in a few minutes.

The antennas are broadly directional, like a dipole so you have to at
least roughly point them at the satellite but you can set them once per
pass and
not adjust them during the pass.

You can build them in an hour or two using stock aluminum from the "ACE
Hardware"
store. I can email a picture and dimensions if you are interested.

73,
Tony AA2TX

---