Prototype Linear Transponders

>We need more linear birds.... DOn't mean to
>flame FM birds, they have their place, but they
>only scratch the surface of what satellite
>transponders can do.

PCSAT2 has scratched that surface and with its linear
uplink and FM downlink, it mixes the best of both worlds.
Yet we are only hearing between about 0 and 1
user  per pass.  The sound of one hand clapping.

The linear uplink can probably support a dozen
or more CW or PSK users simultaneously...

Of course Today, it just so happens that we
had to turn it off for man-safety reaons during
the ISS EVA today.  But it should be back up
tonorrow and onward.

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/pec/pc2ops.html

ANYONE with an FM RECEIVER can hear it, and anyone
with at least a $140 Radio Shack 10m transmitter
can work it.

Enjoy...
de Wb4APR, Bob