Re: SDR Prototype transponders

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 09:02:12PM -0500, Jim Shorney wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:27:10 -0600, James R. Duffey wrote:
>
> >I love Mode A!
> I'm coming out of the woodwork.
>
> I've lurked this BB for several years, and enjoyed working the RS birds
> while they were alive. FM repeaters in the sky turn me off. I've never

FM birds don't interest me much either. Though I have worked the occasional
ao-51 pass on a sked or because it was an "interesting" pass. i.e. low
angle.

> been an AMSAT member, but if AMSAT puts up a decent Mode A satellite, I
> will join.

You have that backwards. Joining AMSAT would give you (and I actually)
more strength in numbers to get non FM birds built.
BTW, AO7 still occasionally does mode A, I just worked it in mode B
though. (Talked to W8IJ on ssb)

- 73, Diane VA3DB