SDR Prototype transponders

Congratulations to all involved in the SDR project, stateside and UK.
I have frequently asked "Amsat Officials" why we don't have mode A
transponders anymore.
The general flavour of the response is always, it all been done before,  and
satellite builders want to do new stuff.
If SDR is a route to a few mode A birds bring it on.

BTW -  if you think Mode A,  (2m uplink  10m downlink)  is outdated I can
assure you that's its every bit as much fun for analogue contacts as
anything we have now. What's more its very easy for beginners,  and SSB
means there is room for lots of QSO's.

73 John G7HIA