Announcing the LVB Tracker 2 (was: Tracking program limitation)

Hi Jim

> 7) Future: Reduce and shrink code. Pour all into a small PIC Microchip and
> disconnect the PC. *** The real point of all this. ***
>
> Future Results: Something like whats already been done by Howard Long,
> G6LVB.
>
> See: http://www.g6lvb.com/Articles/LVBTracker/index.htm (He has one that
> runs stand-alone now. No PC.)

Thanks for the kick! I have now updated my pages with the LVB Tracker 2 that
autonomously tracks.

I am looking for testers!

If you have an original LVB Tracker, all you need is to purchase (or get a
sample) a 18F2620-I/SP available at
http://buy.microchip.com/productsearch.aspx?Keywords=18f2620-I/SP for $9.35
in one-off quantities.

If you don't already have an LVB Tracker, you can purchase PCBs and kits
from http://www.uk.amsat.org/shop/Hardware/lvb_tracker.php

The user interface has deliberately been kept uber simple, so maybe even
Cliff will be happy! After all, with only four buttons and a 16x2 line text
display there wasn't much I could do to complicate it.

73, Howard G6LVB