Re: Newbie question...How important is 1.2 GHZ coverage?

On Monday 15 August 2005 10:25, Jim Jerzycke wrote:
> The modules show up from time to time on eBay. There's
> one seller who buys 736's, pulls the modules out, and
> sells them separately. Last time I saw one, the 1.2GHz
> unit goes for about $650 or so. I've only seen a
> couple for the TS-790, and they go for about
> $600~$700. I don't recall ever seeing one for the
> TS-2000, which makes sense because you have to have
> Kenwood install it.
> Jim  KQ6EA

All 1.2GHz things pop up from time to time.  I was lusting after an ic-1275,
and found one on eham.  The trick is to look at the various sites (Ebay,
eham, qrz, ...) each day for things and be ready to pounce instantly on
it.  Come to think of it, thats how I got my 575 and 375, too.

It takes patience however.  Older neat stuff has this tendency to want to
be held onto usually, so you need to find someone who is getting out of
the hobby, or is downsizing their lives for a motorhome or some such.

They can be found.  Think of it as high-tech deer hunting.  ;-)

--STeve Andre'
wb8wsf  en82