RE: RFC: AR8000 and L-band weather satellite reception

Why not mount it all under the dish ?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org]On
Behalf Of Robin Callender
Sent: Monday, 15 August 2005 3:55 AM
To: Amsat BB
Subject: [amsat-bb] RFC: AR8000 and L-band weather satellite reception

Hi All,
I am interested in receiving NOAA satellite weather images in the L-band
(1691-1709MHz range).
I would like to keep the equipment as small as possible, so I have been
looking primarily at HT-type equipment.
>From my survey, the AR8000 looks interesting.

I would like to ask for any experiences/knowledge about using the AR8000 for
receiving satellite weather images.
Leads to other suitable small-size L-band receivers would also be
appreciated.

73s
Robin  KE7ARL