Re: Newbie question...How important is 1.2 GHZ coverage?

I bought my '847 primarily for sat ops, as I already
had a decent HF rig. One thing I noticed was that the
HF performance improved greatly after I installed an
INRAD 2.1kHz filter in the receive side. I did it to
help on the 2M band, which can get crowded out here at
times, but I was surprised how much difference it made
for HF. Guess a $150 dollar crystal filter will beat a
$2 ceramic filter everytime!
As far as 1.2GHz goes, I have an ICom 1271A, and a
Kenwood TS-790 with the 1.2 module in it, and I have
yet to get on 1.2 except for some local contacts just
to make sure they worked on that band. You can always
build a transverter as time and money allow.
73, Jim  KQ6EA