Newbie question...How important is 1.2 GHZ coverage?

Hi everyone,
 I am new to satellites and I've been doing a lot of research as well as listening to Echo passes and tracking them. It appears good fortune has smiled upon me and I'm going to be able to purchase a Kenwood TS-2000 in the near future. I'm debating whether I need to go ahead and get one with a 1.2ghz module installed or not. I'm wondering how important it will be to me in the future.  My budget is limited and whether or not I spend the extra money will affect other decisions I have to make in regard to equipment for my station. On the other hand, I'm worried about discovering I really need the 1.2 gig coverage a year or two down the road and having to buy the unit and send it and the rig off to Kenwood to have it installed. Any thoughts?
Tnx and 73,
Michael, W4HIJ