Re: Transatlantic QSO on FO-29

Hi Luc and all,

There sure are lots of opportunities for transatlantic QSOs on satellite.
At this time of year FO-29's footprint includes most of western Europe
and north-east coast of NA.

N-S passes (approximate times)
1030 UTC (VO1, VO2, VY2, VE9, VE1, a bit of VE2 and W1 in footprint)
1200 UTC (VO1, VO2, VY2, VE9, VE1, VE2, VE3, VE4, VY0, W1, W2, W3, W8 in
footprint)
Not much activity from NA at these passes as local times are very early
in the morning ;)

S-N passes (approximate times)
2030 UTC (VO1, VO2, VE9, VE1, VE2, VY2 in footprint)
2230 UTC (VO1, VO2, VY2, VE9, VE1, VE2, W1, W2, W3 and W coast of Europe
in footprint)

BTW: AO-51's and VO-52's footprints are a bit smaller than FO29's, but
here are also possibilities for working transatlantic.

My best DX on LEO satellite so far is WB4LHD in EM55 (7408 km) on AO7
and K3SZH in FN10 (6190 km) on FO-29.

Looking forward in working you on FO-29!

73,

Andre PH7AT
www.ph7at.net