PCSat2 & digital modes in general

Okay,

So, I'm finally hooked! With all of the excitement about PCSat2, the imminent rebirth of PO-28, the ISS digi-peater etc. I guess I have to get some kit for digital modes.

For the second year running, despite my substantial investment in raffle tickets both years, I failed to win the coveted TH-D7E at the AmSat UK Colloquium. :-( However, I was very glad to see it go to a newly licensed amateur from our TU Delft Netherlands contingent. :-) Well done and good luck!

Currently, my radio kit includes an FT-817, TH-F7E, FT-50 and an IC-T8E. I'm looking at using a software / soundcard solution but would also be interested in recommendations for stand-alone TNCs.

All comments welcome.

73

Félim M3HIM
RSGB: RS184119