Re: RE: S band for 6 buckshttp://by108fd.bay108.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-b

No, you're not alone.
My crystal had thick leads too.
I just bored out the vias a little (yikes) and insured the solder flowed
over both the lead and the trace. (It appears to have worked out better than
it sounds. I don't believe this is a multi-layered board.)
I inspected the solder joint under a magnifying glass to insure no cold
solders.
I realize this is a bit of "guerrilla" tactics, but I really didn't want to
wait 4 more weeks for a potential replacement.

I have not yet had the chance to tune the unit after surgery yet,...this
will be next weekends project.
At that time, the wisdom of such tricks will tell.  :-)

So, I will send a message to Barbara at ICM describing the situation.
Just be aware that this may change the part number yet again.
If this happens I will post any changes.

Robin  KE7ARL