AMSAT Website Content

In recent months there has been a number of postings on amsat-bb and
via private exchanges concerning AMSAT website content and the need
for updates and correction of technical information that is currently
available on our website.  We are actively developing a team that
will do a thorough technical content review of the AMSAT website and
systematically provide updates as needed.  The team is tasked to do a
systematic review and when updates/changes are needed, to put
together suitable material to replace the current posting that needs
correction.   Our expectation is that by having several individuals
involved with this effort, the review process can be completed prior
to AMSAT Symposium and that the team might take the opportunity at
Symposium to meet (if needed) and finalize any plans/enhancements
that they may have for providing updated materials.  The Symposium
could also serve as an opportunity for gaining feedback from
individuals as well concerning web content.  We also expect that once
the technical updating is completed, the team leader will continue to
be available to serve as manager of technical content so that our Web
Master (W0EEC) doesn't need to be as involved with content issues
which will free her to focus her energies on several AMSAT projects
that she is actively developing for us.

Please expect an announcement by early next week concerning which
individuals will be serving on the review team and how individuals
who wish to provide input as part of the review process can submit
their suggestions.

Barry A. Baines, WD4ASW
VP-Marketing & User Services
AMSAT-NA