Re: Newbie Question

Hi Jude,

If you don't mind a DOS program, InstantTrack with the
InstantTune add-on should run the FT-897s as they have the
same CAT control interface as the FT-817. I don't know about
the VR-5000. This combo will run under a full-screen DOS
session under Windows. They are available from AMSAT. See:

http://www.amsat.org/amsat/instanttrack/

and

http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/tools/softwareArchive.php#pc-it

73,