Re: Passband Preferences

At 08:14 AM 8/9/2005 -0700, Emily Clarke wrote:
>There are two ways which passbands can be expressed:
>145.850 +/- 50KHz
>Would anyone want to comment on which is preferred?

I would prefer the first as it gives all the information at a glance, I can
begin to memorize the upper and lower limits, I can see that is 100KHz wide
and I have no mental arithmetic to do (which makes things easier when its
in the wee hours and you are trying to work that European or Asian station :-)

Ed - KL7UW
Amsat #3212
Modes: V - U - L - S