Re: Passband Preferences

At 08:14 AM 8/9/2005 -0700, Emily Clarke wrote:
>There are two ways which passbands can be expressed:
>
>145.800-145.900
>
>or
>
>145.850 +/- 50KHz
>
>Would anyone want to comment on which is preferred?
>
>73,
>
>Emily

Emily,

I would prefer the first as it gives all the information at a glance, I can
begin to memorize the upper and lower limits, I can see that is 100KHz wide
and I have no mental arithmetic to do (which makes things easier when its
in the wee hours and you are trying to work that European or Asian station :-)

73's,
Ed - KL7UW