Re: Passband Preferences

Emily - I prefer the first, that is, 145.800-145.900, rather than the
midpoint +/-. Particularly when the up link and down link appear together,
it is easier for me to see the relationship between uplink and downlink
without doing a calculation.

Also, when it was common practice to put the beacons on the edges of the
transponder, the first method gave a starting point to look for the beacon
without knowing the exact beacon frequency. These days, with the beacon
occasionally placed in the middle of the pass band that reason has less
weight.

I am not sure this really matters, but if it does, I would like you to do it
my way. :^)= - Duffey
--
James R. Duffey KK6MC/5
Cedar Crest NM 87008 DM65