Re: Passband Preferences

I like a variation of the first format.  I like to include the center
frequency to allow determining what it is quickly without having to
do the calculation:

     145.800-(145.850)-145.900

Yes I know it's pretty simple to calculate it in my head, I only
suggest this for speed.

-Freeman, N5FPP

On Aug 9, 2005, at 9:14 AM, Emily Clarke wrote:

> There are two ways which passbands can be expressed:
>
> 145.800-145.900
>
> or
>
> 145.850 +/- 50KHz
>
> Would anyone want to comment on which is preferred?
>
> 73,
>
> Emily

> W0EEC - CM87tm
> AMSAT Area Coordinator - San Francisco Bay Area
> http://www.projectoscar.net    http://www.PlanetEmily.com
>
> Join AMSAT!  http://www.amsat.org
> author.
> program!

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
     -- Sir Winston Churchill